NRA Basic Shotgun Shooting Course
This course is six hours in length and is conducted in a classroom. Each student is taught reloading safety; shotgun shell components; using the reloading manual and reloading data; equipment; and the shotgun shell reloading process. Students will receive the NRA Guide to Reloading handbook, the Basic Reloading Student Exam, a course completion certificate, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, and a Basic Firearm Training Program brochure.
NRA FIRST Steps Shotgun Orientation
This approximately 3 hour long course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific shotgun model. It includes classroom and range time learning to shoot that model shotgun at a moving target. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular shotgun model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the shotgun; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, FIRST Steps Course completion certificate.
SPECIAL NOTE: The live fire portion of this course can only be given in an outdoor range. Be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray, cool comfortable clothing, etc.
Both courses satisfy the training requirements to obtain your Florida Concealed Carry License
What will I need to bring to my class?
The most important thing that our students need to bring to this class is a positive attitude, the desire to learn, and to be ready to have some fun. In addition to that critical thing, a student will also need to bring the following items:
- Firearms Related
- A shotgun.
- A case to carry your shotgun.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition for your firearm, 100 is recommended.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- A cleaning kit for your shotgun.
- If you do not have a shotgun please contact us and we will attempt to provide one for you to use.
- Neither loaded firearms nor ammunition are allowed in the class room under any circumstances!
- Appropriate clothing for the environment.
- No open toed shoes.
- Low cut / V-neck t-shirts are discouraged. Brass gets hot and can burn your skin.
- A baseball cap is not needed but encouraged.
- You may wish to bring a towel as well.
- Personal Comfort items
- Bug Spray
- Sun tan lotion
- Any other non narcotic, non drowsy inducing medications
- Water, soda, or sports drink
- A small notebook, a pen or pencil, and a highlighter.