NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course
Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination, and course completion certificate. This course is at least 8-hours long.
NRA FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation
At approximately 3 hour hours in length, this course is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific pistol action typeincludes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific pistol action type. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular pistol model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, FIRST Steps Course completion certificate.
Both courses satisfy the training requirements to obtain your Florida Concealed Carry License
What will I need to bring to my class?
The most important thing that our students need to bring to this class is a positive attitude, the desire to learn, and to be ready to have some fun. In addition to that critical thing, a student will also need to bring the following items:
- Firearms Related
- A revolver or semi automatic pistol with at least one spare magazine.
- A case to carry your pistol.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition for your firearm, 100 is recommended.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- A cleaning kit for your pistol.
- If you do not have a pistol please contact us and we will attempt to provide one for you to use.
- Neither loaded firearms nor ammunition are allowed in the class room under any circumstances!
- Appropriate clothing for the environment.
- No open toed shoes.
- Low cut / V-neck t-shirts are discouraged. Brass gets hot and can burn your skin.
- A baseball cap is not needed but encouraged.
- You may wish to bring a towel as well.
- Personal Comfort items
- Bug Spray
- Sun tan lotion
- Any other non narcotic, non drowsy inducing medications
- Water, soda, or sports drink
- A small notebook, a pen or pencil, and a highlighter.