This course is meant to teach our students the skills required to obtain the certification necessary for getting your Florida Concealed Carry License. Students will learn the basics of firearms safety, the usage of such skills as sight alignment, trigger control, grip, stance, breathing, threat levels assessment, mindset, and shot accountability. We will also cover FL State Statutes as they apply to the “Castle Doctrine” and “Stand your Ground” legislation. This course is approximately 2 hours long.
For more information on the requirements necessary to obtain your Florida Concealed Weapons License please click this link.
What will I need to bring to my class?
The most important thing that our students need to bring to this class is a positive attitude, the desire to learn, and to be ready to have some fun. In addition to that critical thing, a student will also need to bring the following items:
- Firearms Related
- A revolver or semi-automatic pistol.
- At least one spare magazine or speed loader.
- A minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition for your pistol.
- Eye and hearing protection.
- A cleaning kit for your firearm.
- If you do not have a firearm please contact us and we will attempt to provide one for you to use.
- Neither loaded firearms nor ammunition are allowed in the class room under any circumstances!
- Appropriate clothing for the environment.
- No open toed shoes.
- Low cut / V-neck t-shirts are discouraged. Brass gets hot and can burn your skin.
- A baseball cap is not needed but encouraged.
- You may wish to bring a towel as well.
- Personal Comfort items
- Bug Spray
- Sun tan lotion
- Any other non narcotic, non drowsy inducing medications
- Water, soda, or sports drink
- A small notebook, a pen or pencil, and a highlighter.